Rather defends discredited 60 Minutes segment in radio interview
(Raleigh, NC-AP) November 7, 2006 - Dan Rather is sticking by his story. The former CBS Evening News anchor Tuesday vigorously defended his report about President Bush's military service.
In a radio interview Rather refuted a network investigation that discredited the two-year-old "60 Minutes" segment. That's the report that alleged President Bush skirted some of his duties in the National Guard during the Vietnam War.
Rather says the story is true. He spoke Tuesday with Raleigh news radio station WPTF-AM.
The story relied on four documents written during Bush's service in the National Guard in the 1970s. An independent CBS investigation said last year the story wasn't fair or accurate.
Posted 11:09pm by Chantelle Janelle