LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WIS) - One person was taken to the hospital after a tree fell onto his home in West Columbia.
According to County of Lexington spokesperson Harrison Cahill, the person is expected to be OK after a tree fell on his home in the 700 block of Violet Street in West Columbia after midnight Saturday.
Cahill says the county has received about 17 storm-related 911 calls since Friday.
County officials were busy throughout Friday evening as Florence arrived in the Midlands. A number of downed trees fell into roadways and blocking them.
Cahill says if county residents have non-emergency questions, they can call the County of Lexington at 803-785-1342. For all emergencies, call 911.
The Lexington County Sheriff's Department is also urging people to stay off the roads, if possible.
MORE: TRACKING FLORENCE
- FEMA opens its Hurricane Florence rumor control to combat internet nonsense and misinformation
- WOW! Astronaut takes a photo showing the power of Hurricane Florence from space
- TRACKING FLORENCE: What to do if you spot price gouging in SC?
- TRACKING FLORENCE: What to do when flooding, downed power lines happen in your area
- TRACKING FLORENCE: Submit photos, video of severe weather, storm damage
Check back for more updates.