(WIS) - Riverbanks Zoo has started the process of moving flamingos to a safe place ahead of Hurricane Florence.
Since there are several pink friends in the flamingo exhibit, zookeepers started moving these guys a little early to make sure they're in a shelter well before bad weather impacts the area. Staff members herd and carefully transport them by golf cart.
Everyone kept their cool and there seemed to be little resistance from the flamingos.
They were good sports about the whole ordeal. Safety first!
MORE: TRACKING FLORENCE
- Midlands closings, cancellations, and delays
- TRACKING FLORENCE: List of important sources, phone numbers in case of emergencies
- WOW! Astronaut takes a photo showing the power of Hurricane Florence from space
- Harvest Hope in dire need of donations to keep food bank shelves stocked
- SC gubernatorial candidate called for Army National Guard duty as Hurricane Florence approaches
- SCE&G warns of the potential for prolonged power outages due to Hurricane Florence
- U-haul offers free self-storage, other resources ahead of Hurricane Florence