FOREST ACRES, SC (WIS) - 14 adults and 7 children are being assisted by The American Red Cross after a fire damaged an apartment complex in Columbia Wednesday night.
The Columbia Fire Department was called to The Landings at Forest Acres Apartments on Covenant Road around 10:30 p.m.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire around 11 p.m. after more support arrived on the scene. According to officials, the fire spread across the top floor of the building, which houses 16 units.
The fire was caused by unattended cooking, according to Richland County officials. The American Red Cross stresses the importance of turning off appliances.
No injuries have been reported in this incident and all firefighters were accounted for.