COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Friday is a First Alert day for scattered showers and possible thunderstorms.
- FIRST ALERT FRIDAY for morning showers and isolated storms
- We are expecting rain and a couple of thunderstorms, but no storms seem to be strong or severe at this time.
- We are issuing an Alert Day to give viewers a heads up that some wet weather will move in, especially since Good Friday is a holiday and some viewers will be traveling for the Easter Weekend.
- We’re expecting wet weather mainly between the hours of 3 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday.
- Otherwise, we’ll see mostly cloudy to partly cloudy skies with highs in the 70's.
This Friday has been declared an Alert Day as your WIS First Alert weather team is tracking a cold front that will move through the Midlands Friday.
Showers and a few thunderstorms are possible this morning as a cold front is moving into the state.
As the front pushes in, we will see scattered showers and possibly a couple of thunderstorms. However, at this time, we do not expect severe weather Friday.
Once the front passes, we'll see clearing skies and a lovely afternoon. It will be a bit breezy with slightly cooler temperatures.
So why have we issued an Alert Day, you ask? We've declared an Alert Day to give you a heads up! Scattered showers and possible thunderstorms will be around Friday, mainly between the hours of 3 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Many of you might also be traveling in the rain since Friday kicks off the Easter holiday weekend. So, we want to make you aware that some wet weather could be around with some heavy rain and possibly an isolated thunderstorm or two.
- First Alert Friday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms through mid-morning, then clearing and breezy…cooler. Highs in the lower 70s. Rain chance 60%
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs lower to middle 70s
- Easter Sunday: Mostly sunny and warm. Highs middle to upper 70s
Stay with your WIS First Alert Weather Team for further updates.
SEARCH "WIS WEATHER" IN YOUR APP STORE OR USE THIS LINK: http://bit.ly/2iZtJrC