Sheriff: West Columbia man caught running illegal game of Texas Hold 'em
LEXINGTON, SC (WIS) - A West Columbia man was arrested and charged with running an illegal game of Texas Hold 'em in Lexington, according to the Lexington County Sheriff's Department.
Sheriff's investigators executed a search warrant at a home on Sunset Boulevard after they received a tip about an illegal gambling operation. According to Sheriff Jay Koon, illegal winnings were being paid out during the games of poker.
Deputies arrested Edward Byrnes Brown, 51, and charged him with running unlawful games and illegal gambling, possession with intent to distribute schedule II and schedule IV pills.
Eleven others were cited at the scene.
- Phillip John Popper, 24, Aiken
- Ralph Charles Taylor, 74, Longs
- James Bryan Fanigan, 50, Barnwell
- David Williams Bleiler, 46, Columbia
- Robert Donald Wallens, 59, Augusta, Ga.
- Koger Lenair Gleaton, 67, West Columbia
- James Rodney Tapp, 43, Inman
- William Michael Matthews, 52, Aiken
- Brett Marshall Feder, 55, Lexington
- Jon Siegfried Soule, 37, Columbia
Brown is being held in the Lexington County Detention Center while he awaits a bond hearing.
Copyright 2016 WIS. All rights reserved.