Electrical issue in sign causes business fire

Published: Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM EST|Updated: Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The Columbia Fire Department says an electrical malfunction caused the roof of a business on Garners Ferry Road to catch fire Monday evening. 

Firefighters arrived at the scene around 5 p.m. and found smoke coming from the roof of Advance America at 7535 Garners Ferry Road.

The fire was quickly extinguished. No one was injured.

According to Fire Department spokesperson Brick Lewis, the Advance America branch has fire and smoke damage while BigTBar-B-Que and No. 1 Chinese Restaurant sustained smoke damage.

Officials estimate the fire caused around $35,000 worth of damages.

Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.