WIS APPLE A DAY SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WIS TV 1111 Bull Street Columbia, SC The promotion begins at 5:00pm January 31, 2013 and ends at 11:30pm February 27, 2013. Entries must be received by 6:30pm February 27, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, residing in one of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Georgetown, Greenwood, Hampton, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Union, Williamsburg, and York, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual per day will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 5:00pm January 31, 2013 individuals must text the daily "keyword" to 80310 or they must log on to the "Apple A Day" contest page at wistv.com and complete the online entry form with the daily "keyword". WIS will reveal the "keyword" and the daily prize weekdays starting January 31, 2013 between 5:00pm and 6:00pm during WIS News 10 @ 5. Contestants have until 6:30pm each day to complete the on-line entry form with that day's correct keyword or text the daily keyword to 80310. All entries must be received by 6:30pm February 27, 2013 and contain the correct keyword corresponding to the day they were submitted in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely, correctly and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WIS-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WIS-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). (20) twenty daily prizes will be awarded. (10) ten winners will win an ipad mini (valued at $329) and (10) ten winners will win an iPod Touch (valued at $194) the exact prize will be announced each day along with the keyword.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. One (1) daily winner will be selected at random each weekday from January 31, 2013 through February 27, 2013. A maximum of twenty (20) daily prizes will be awarded. Each daily winner will be announced on WIS News 10 at 11pm and will be contacted via phone number given on their entry. Once an entrant wins a daily prize, he or she is no longer qualified to win another daily prize.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winners will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at time of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by March 10, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited, no alternate winner will be selected.
Each winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WIS-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WIS-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WIS-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). Any such modifications, cancellations, etc. will be announced on www.wistv.com.