Football Friday Play of the Week 2023
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - Every Friday on Jim Hudson’s Football Friday show, Rick Henry and the WIS sports crew will pick the finalists for the Jim Hudson Football Friday Play of the Week contest.
Each week you’ll be able to visit our page here to vote on your favorite play of the week and help pick the winner!
After the games on Friday, watch this week’s finalists and vote below.
1. Ridge View’s Breylon Boyd launches a rainbow to Jordan Gidron for a touchdown in the Blazers’ 32-21 win over Blythewood.
2. Cardinal Newman’s Braxton Rodgers breaks through the line, snatches the interception and takes it in for a touchdown in the Cardinals’ 46-12 win over Trinity Collegiate.
3. Richland Northeast’s Blake Bettete grabs a deep ball, shakes off a defender, and goes in for the Cavalier touchdown.
1. Chapin lines up with 10 players on the field for the first play of the game to honor Fabian “Tre” Ruff; Brady Albro then finds Jacob Nerone for a touchdown on the very next play in the Eagles’ 63-0 win.
2. Gray Collegiate’s Zeb Taylor scores off a blocked punt in the War Eagles’ 62-60 win over Crestwood.
3. Columbia’s Jamel McDaniel scrambles out of the pocket and takes it in himself in the Capitals’ 48-28 win over Pelion.
1. Irmo’s AJ Brand weaves through the defense and goes 35 yards to the house in the Yellow Jackets’ 42-0 win over River Bluff.
2. Chapin’s Weldon Gunter leaps up in traffic for the TD grab as the Eagles down Spring Valley 38-7.
3. Hartsville’s Carmello McDaniel takes McKendrie Douglas’ handoff 80 yards for the score in the Red Foxes’ 55-21 victory over Camden.
1. Dutch Fork’s Maurice Anderson fields the kickoff and bursts through defenders en route to the house in the Silver Foxes’ first win of the season, 54-7 over Stratford.
2. River Bluff’s Parker Murray hands it to Stephen Collier who bullies his way into the end zone for a second time in the Gators’ big win over South Aiken, 63-28.
3. Atlantic Collegiate’s punter fumbles the snap and Cardinal Newman’s RJ Frazier pounces on the free ball in the Cardinals’ 44-6 win.
1. Blythewood’s Trent Lewis reaches over his shoulder and makes a one-handed grab to pick up the first down.
2. A duo of Cardinals blocks a Heathwood Hall punt into the waiting arms of Freddie Gillens who returns it for a touchdown in Cardinal Newman’s 53-14 win over the Highlanders.
3. Gilbert’s Drake Braddock sends a stripe through the center to Matt Edwards who takes it all the way to the house in the Indians’ 14-3 victory over Lexington.
1. Saluda Quarterback Drew Arant hooks up with JT Lott for his second touchdown pass. The Tigers lost the Game of the Week 49 to 27 to Gilbert.
2. Dutch Fork Quarterback Ethan Offing takes the snap and zips a quick strike over to Trent Lodge. He eludes two would-be tacklers and then sprints for daylight. He outruns all the other players into the end zone for six more. Dutch Fork up 14 - 0.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.
Copyright 2023 WIS. All rights reserved.