FIRST ALERT WEATHER: Shower chances continue this weekend
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - More rain for tonight with low temps in the upper 50s, then another system moves in Sunday bringing another chance of rain.
FIRST ALERT HEADLINES
- There’s an 100% chance of rain and storms this evening, then it tapers off tonight.
- Cloudy skies with a 40% chance of showers for Friday morning, a few breaks in the clouds possible for the afternoon/evening.
- Saturday we warm back into the low 80s with partly cloudy skies.
- A cold front brings a chance of rain for the overnight period Saturday into Sunday morning, right now chances are around 40-50%.
- Highs are in the low 80s Sunday with a 50% chance of showers in the morning.
- Temperatures are cooler for the start of next week with highs in the upper 70s.
FIRST ALERT WEATHER SUMMARY
We see more rain chances this evening as a coastal low pressure system continues to kick moisture our way. Temps are cool with highs in the upper 50s.
Friday we have a few more rain chances in the morning hours, mainly scattered. Chances are around 40%. Then clouds stick around with an east flow providing cool air keeping temps well below average. We could see a break in the clouds by the afternoon and evening, so we bumped up the temp a little to 75.
Saturday is warmer as we lose the east flow. Morning lows are in the low 60s and highs reach the low 80s. There’s a cold front that’s approaching from the west and it will bring a 20% chance of showers.
A cold front approaches from the west overnight into Sunday. This gives us a 50-60% chance of rain and thunder for the overnight period to the morning hours. Lows are in the upper 60s and highs reach the low 80s.
The front stalls a little and brings a 30% chance of morning showers Monday. We are cooler with highs in the upper 70s. Temps remain cooler than average for Tuesday and Wednesday as well with mid to upper 70s for highs.
FIRST ALERT FORECAST
Tonight: Rain showers continue and start to taper off into the early morning hours, lows are in the upper 50s.
Friday: Cloudy skies in the morning with a 40% chance of some showers. Then the chance of rain goes down during the afternoon and highs are in the mid 70s.
Saturday: Partly cloudy skies with a 20% chance of showers and storms. Highs are in the low 80s.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy with a 50% chance of thundershowers. Highs are in the low 80s.
Monday: 30% chance of morning showers then drier air for the afternoon, highs are in the upper 70s.
Tuesday: Partly cloudy with highs in the mid 70s.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article's headline.
Copyright 2023 WIS. All rights reserved.