FIRST ALERT WEATHER: Temps tumble tonight with low 40s
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - Dry and cool air will be pushing into the region tonight lowering temps down into the low 40s.
FIRST ALERT HEADLINES
- A Lake Wind Advisory is in effect until 7am Wednesday, gusts could get up to 30mph.
- Temps drop into the low 40s and the winds relax tonight as well.
- High temps are in the upper 60s by the afternoon Wednesday with mostly sunny skies.
- Clouds build Thursday and a northeast flow will cool us into the low 60s.
- Rain moves in Friday with an 80% chance and temps are near 60.
- The rain helps lower our pollen count.
- Sunshine works to return for Saturday afternoon.
- Rain moves in Sunday afternoon lasting into Monday.
FIRST ALERT SUMMARY
There’s a Lake Wind Advisory until 7am Wednesday for gusts up to 30mph. Boating could be hazardous under these conditions.
Temperatures are going to drop tonight down into the low 40s. Skies are mostly clear as high pressure from the north builds into the region.
Wednesday is mostly sunny and cooler. High temps are in the upper 60s with high pressure dominating our weather.
A warm front nears, but does not pass through the region Thursday. This increases clouds and decreases our temps into the low 60s for highs.
Friday the front passes through and a cold front nears from the west. The chance of rain goes up to an 80% of around 0.25-0.5″ of rain. Lows are in the mid 40s and highs reach the low 60s.
Saturday is dry and cool. Lows are in the low 40s and highs reach the mid 60s. A weak high pressure system moves over the region.
Sunday is cool with a wet afternoon/evening. We start off with clouds and lows in the upper 30s. Then there’s a 60% chance of showers by the afternoon and evening. Highs reach the upper 50s. The showers last into Monday morning.
FIRST ALERT FORECAST
Tonight: Clear and cold with lows in the low 40s.
Wednesday: Mainly sunny with highs falling back to the upper 60s.
Thursday: Increasing clouds and cooler with highs in the low-60s.
Friday: Rather cloudy with times of scattered showers into the day (80% chance). Most highs around 60 or just a touch below.
Saturday: Clouds decrease with highs back to the mid-60s.
Sunday: Cloudy skies with a 60% chance of showers for the afternoon/evening.
Monday: 50% chance of morning rain showers with lows in the upper 40s and highs reaching the low 60s.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.
Copyright 2023 WIS. All rights reserved.