FIRST ALERT WEATHER: Warm again Wednesday, tracking storms possible for Friday
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - Low 80s Wednesday with partly cloudy skies, then more clouds and a 40% chance of showers and storms Thursday, the better chance happens Friday with a 60% shot.
FIRST ALERT HEADLINES
- A little cooler temps tonight with lows in the low 50s.
- Mostly cloudy skies Wednesday with high temps in the low 80s.
- 40% chance of isolated storms Thursday with highs in the upper 70s.
- FIRST ALERT Weather Day for Friday, with the potential to see strong to severe storms.
- Chance of severe weather for Friday is 15%, chance of rain is 60%.
- Winds will be gusty throughout Friday with gusts up to 40mph.
- A likely dry and pleasant weekend with cooler temps is expected.
FIRST ALERT SUMMARY
Skies are mostly clear tonight and temperatures dip down into the low 50s. A little cooler for Wednesday morning.
We remain dry Wednesday but more clouds build into the region throughout the afternoon. Temps warm up into the low 80s.
Thursday we have a 40% chance of an isolated shower and storm with mostly cloudy skies. Lows are in the mid 60s and highs reach the upper 70s.
A strong cold front nears Friday. This brings a 60% chance of showers and storms. Some of them could be severe, so we have a First Alert Weather day for especially the evening hours. Gusty winds up to 40mph are possible with higher winds within thunderstorms. There is a potential risk for tornadic activity as well. The Storm Prediction Center has us under a slight risk of severe weather with a 15% chance of severe storms. Morning lows are in the low 60s and highs reach the low 80s.
Saturday dries up and cools off a bit as high pressure comes in from the northwest clearing us out. Lows are in the mid 50s and highs reach the mid 70s.
We see upper 40s Sunday with upper 60s by the afternoon and sunny skies as high pressure pushes over the region.
FIRST ALERT FORECAST
Tonight: Mostly clear skies with lows in the low 50s.
Wednesday: Clouds build throughout the afternoon with high temps in the low 80s.
Thursday: Cloudier skies with a few showers & storms. Highs around 79 with a 40% chance of rain.
First Alert Weather Day Friday: Windy with another round of stronger showers/storms in the afternoon/evening (60% chance). Highs in the low 80s.
Saturday: Mostly sunny with lows in the mid-50s and highs in the mid 70s.
Sunday: A great deal of sunshine as highs fall back to the upper 60s.
Monday: Mostly sunny skies with lows in the low 40s and highs reach the low 70s.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article's headline.
Copyright 2023 WIS. All rights reserved.