SCDVA and Harvest Hope team up for Thanksgiving food drive for Veterans
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - Harvest Hope and the South Carolina Department of Veterans’ Affairs are teaming up for a Thanksgiving food drive.
Organizers said the food drive will run from Nov. 11 through Nov. 18th. It is dedicated to helping feed Veterans and their families in the Midlands for the Thanksgiving holiday.
On Monday, Nov. 21 a dropoff event and conference is planned for the Harvest Hope Food Bank at 2220 Shop Rd in Columbia at 11 a.m. Harvest Hope is asking the public for shelf-stable, non-perishable food items.
Multiple places and businesses have also agreed to serve as community drop-off locations:
- South Carolina Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs 1800 St. Julian Place, Suite 305 Columbia, SC 29204
- USC Dept. of Veterans & Military Affairs 901 Sumter Street, Suite 105 Columbia, SC 29208
- Craft Axe Throwing 700 Gervais Street, Suite B2 Columbia, SC 29201
- Ace Glass 5506 Two Notch Road Columbia, SC 29223
- Simpson Hardware 40 W. Wesmark Blvd. Sumter, SC 29150
SCDVA Veteran Food Drive by Nevin Smith on Scribd
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article's headline.
Stay up to date with WIS News 10. Get the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and Stream us on Roku, YouTube, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV.
Copyright 2022 WIS. All rights reserved.