WIS teams up with the American Red Cross for a Midlands blood drive, shatters goals
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - Thursday’s blood drive shattered the goals set by the American Red Cross.
The organization said, “The community heard the message, and we exceeded our overall goal of 168 units by collecting 185 units! Think of all the lives saved as a result of this drive!”
The breakdown by location was:
- Lexington Medical: 57 on a goal of 50
- Parkridge Classroom: 24 on a goal of 20
- Parkridge Conference Room: 38 on a goal of 32
- Northeast Columbia: 37 on a goal of 30
- Sumter: 29 on a goal of 36
WIS and the American Red Cross are teaming up for a Midlands blood drive. On Aug. 4, 2022 you can donate at any of these locations across the Midlands from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.:
- Prisma Health Park Ridge, 400 Palmetto Health Parkway, Columbia, SC, 29212
- Spring Valley Presbyterian Church, 125 Sparkleberry Ln, Columbia, SC, 29229
- USC Sumter-Nettles Building/Gym, 200 Miller Rd., Sumter, SC, 29150
- Lexington Urgent Care (12 p.m. to 7 p.m.), 811 West Main St, Lexington, SC, 29072
To book your appointment, sign up at the link here and use sponsor code WIS.
Donors will receive a $10 gift card and a t-shirt.
Copyright 2022 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.