FIRST ALERT- Mostly dry today with just a few showers - Stronger storms for Sunday
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - A few passing showers this afternoon but rain chances just 30%. A better chance for storms on Sunday. Sunday is also a First Alert Weather day.
First Alert Headlines:
- Sunshine and clouds today with just a scattered afternoon shower or two. Highs in the low 90s and humid
- FIRST ALERT for Sunday afternoon for a 60% chance for downpours and storms. Some storms could be strong to severe
- For the 4th of July expect a 40% chance of rain and storms for the late afternoon/evening. Highs in the upper 80s and humid
- Next week looks to be wet. From Tuesday to Friday expect a 20-60% chance of rain and storms each afternoon
- Tropical Storm Bonnie is moving over Central America out into the Pacific
- Tropical Storm Colin has formed along the coast of South Carolina and is forecast to move out into the Atlantic
- Colin will not impact the Midlands but if you’re traveling to the Coast, watch for higher surf, gusty winds but the rain is offshore at this time
First Alert Summary:
Tropical Storm Colin has formed along the South Carolina coast. Now, Colin will have NO impact to the Midlands but if you’re traveling to the beaches this weekend, watch for higher surf and some gusty winds. Most of the rain that the coast will see from Colin has already happened Friday and is now offshore. Colin will continue to move to the NE and eventually out into the Atlantic by early next week.
Here in the Midlands today we’re expected just a scattered shower or storm this afternoon (30%). Most areas staying dry. Highs will be in the low 90s and humid.
A cold front is approaching Sunday that will bring a 60% chance for strong to severe storms in the late afternoon/evening. Sunday is a FIRST ALERT for strong winds and heavy downpours. High temperatures are in the low 90s and it remains humid.
For the 4th of July the front stalls over the region which brings a 40% chance of some showers and storms for the afternoon/evening hours. Highs reach the upper 80s.
Today: Sunshine and clouds with just a 30% chance for a few stray showers. Highs in the low 90s and humid
Tonight: Few passing clouds. Muggy with lows in the 70s
FIRST ALERT Sunday: Mostly cloudy with a 60% chance of showers and storms. Highs in the low 90s and humid
4th of July: Highs reach the upper 80s with a 40% chance of rain and storms in the afternoon
Tuesday: 30% chance of rain and storms with highs in the low 90s and humid
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain and storms. Highs are in the low 90s
Copyright 2022 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.