First Alert Forecast: Warm for today - Rain by Thursday
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - More warm weather on the way over the next few days. Rain chances go up as well. Especially Thursday and Monday.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Mostly cloudy today with highs in the low 80s and breezy conditions
· Dry for the University of South Carolina’s Women’s Basketball Championship Parade in Downtown Columbia at 6 p.m
· Highs on Thursday in the 80s again with a 40% chance for afternoon showers and storms
· An early morning shower Friday (20%) but sunshine and clouds for the afternoon with highs in the upper 70s
· 30% Chance for showers on Saturday with highs in the upper 70s
· A spotty shower or two on Easter Sunday with highs in the mid 70s
· A much better chance for rain Monday (50%) with highs only in the mid 60s
First Alert Weather Story:
We’ll see a lot of clouds through the day today with highs climbing into the low 80s. It will be breezy though as we could see gusts to 20 MPH from the SW. Staying dry for the University of South Carolina’s Women’s Basketball Championship Parade in Downtown Columbia this evening. We’ll have temperatures around 80 at parade start under mostly cloudy skies.
Thursday will be another warm day with highs getting into the low 80s. We’ll also see a lot of clouds with a 40% chance for showers, downpours and storms during the afternoon/evening. Some storms have potential to become strong to severe.
Other than an early morning shower on Friday (20%) it will be a dry day with sunshine and clouds. Highs will climb into the upper 70s.
Our holiday weekend forecast will be a bit unsettled, but it will not rain the entire time. Saturday features a 30% chance for showers and downpours with highs in the upper 70s and partly cloudy skies. For Easter Sunday, we’re expecting a 20% chance for a few showers with highs in the mid 70s.
There’s a much better chance for rain on Monday with a 50% chance.
Today: Mostly cloudy and breezy. Highs getting into the low 80s
Tonight: More clouds and mild with lows in the 60s
Thursday: A few showers and storms. Some storms could be strong to severe. Highs in the 80s
Good Friday: An early morning shower (20%). Sun and clouds for the afternoon with 70s
Saturday: A 30% Chance for showers with highs in the upper 70s
Easter: A mostly cloudy day with a spotty shower or two (20%). Highs in the mid 70s
Copyright 2022 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.