First Alert Forecast: Chilly again today - Warmer Sunday but rain by the evening
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - Weather changes are on the way. It will be chilly today with highs in the 40s. Warmer for Sunday but rain arrives during the evening which will eventually bring in much colder air for next week.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
* A cold start with 20s across the Midlands
* Highs in the upper 40s this afternoon under sunny skies. A little bit of wind but more relaxed than yesterday
* A few more clouds tonight. Not as cold with temps in the mid 30s
* Another cold front pushes in Sunday evening. A round of rain Sunday evening into early Monday morning. Rain chances are 60%
* A few morning showers Monday. Turning colder for the afternoon with 50s
* It will get much colder next week. Highs in the low 40s Tuesday and Wednesday with overnight lows in the teens and 20s
First Alert Weather Story:
Today will be another day with sunshine with a few passing clouds, chilly though with highs in the upper 40s to near 50.
By Sunday, we’ll see more clouds. Highs will climb into the upper 60s to near 70. Rain arrives during the evening (60%). It’s all associated with a cold front that will bring in much colder weather for next week.
A few showers will linger into early Monday morning. Rain chances are 20%. The afternoon will be quiet with slow clearing but temps much cooler in the 50s.
On Tuesday, even colder weather moves in. Highs will be in the low to mid 40s. By Tuesday night, we’ll drop into the teens and 20s. An Alert Day has been posted for Wednesday AM due to the cold temperatures. Highs on Wednesday will be in the 40s again.
Highs will climb back into the mid to upper 50s Thursday and Friday.
Today: More sunshine and more chilly weather with highs in the upper 40s to near 50
Tonight: Few clouds, not as cold with mid 30s
Sunday: More clouds with highs in the upper 60s to near 70. Rain arrives during the evening (60%)
Monday: A few morning showers (20%). Sun and clouds for the afternoon with highs in the low 50s
Tuesday: Sunshine but much colder with highs in the low to mid 40s
Wednesday: A cold start with teens and 20s. Cold again for the afternoon with highs in the mid 40s
Thursday: Sunshine and clouds with highs in the 50s
Copyright 2022 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.