First Alert Forecast: Cooling off today with plenty of clouds, then rain moves in tonight
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - We finally have some rain in your First Alert Forecast!
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Temperatures drop today, with highs in the mid 50s. Skies will be cloudy.
· Rain moves in tonight with a 70% chance.
· Expect a 70% chance of rain Wednesday morning with high temps in the upper 50s.
· We get a break Thursday with partly cloudy skies and highs in the upper 50s.
· Warm air arrives Friday and that increases moisture and our rain chances to 50%.
· Rain chances are around 40% with upper 70s by Saturday.
· Morning showers are possible Sunday with colder air coming in by the afternoon.
First Alert Weather Story:
Temps are dropping today with highs in the mid 50s. Skies are cloudy as a cold front moves through the region and stalls to our southeast. There’s a 20% chance of showers.
Lows are in the low 40s tonight and there’s a 70% chance of some rain showers beginning late tonight. A shortwave moves closer to the region creating uplift.
Highs are in the upper 50s Wednesday with a 70% chance of showers in the morning. Around a half inch of rain is possible. By the afternoon skies start to clear as drier air filters in.
The dry air gives us partly cloudy skies Thursday. Morning lows are in the mid 30s and highs reach the upper 50s.
Friday we have a warm front approaching from the south. This increases moisture and our chances of rain to 50%. Lows are in the low 40s and highs reach the upper 60s.
There’s a 40% chance of some rain showers again Saturday. It is warm! Lows are near 60 and highs reach the upper 70s. The chance of rain lasts into Sunday morning as the cold front nears and passes through by Sunday afternoon cooling temps back into the upper 50s.
Today: More Clouds Than Sun. Slight Chance of Rain (20%). Highs in the upper 50s.
Wednesday: Mostly Cloudy. Scattered AM Rain (70%). Highs in the upper 50s.
Thursday: Partly Cloudy. Still Cool. Highs in the upper 50s.
Friday: More Clouds Than Sun. Chance of rain (50%). Highs in the upper 60s.
Saturday: Mostly Cloudy. Chance of Showers (40%). Highs in the upper 70s.
Sunday: Mostly Cloudy. Chance of Morning Showers (40%). Highs in the 50s.
Monday: Sunny skies.. Highs near 60.
Copyright 2021 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.