First Alert: The cold air is here, and it’s going to stay around for a while!
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) -Cold temps are expected today with breezy winds as well making it a first alert day.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· It’s going to feel a lot like winter for the next couple of day.
· We have first alerts for this morning, Wednesday morning, and Thursday morning for cold temps.
· This morning we have wind chills dipping down to 27, so make sure you’re wearing your layers!
· A Freeze Warning is in effect for parts of the Midlands late Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
· Wednesday morning, temperatures will start in the mid to upper 20s. Highs will be in the mid to upper 50s under sunny skies.
· Thanksgiving morning, temperatures will be in the upper 20s and lower 30s. We’ll see highs in the mid 60s under a mix of sun and clouds.
· On Black Friday, temperatures will start the day in the 40s. Highs will be in the upper 50s and lower 60s. A shower is possible early Friday.
First Alert Weather Story:
It’s going to be pretty cold this morning with lows dipping into the mid to low 30s and winds making it feel like the upper 20s. A first alert is in effect for this morning’s cold wind.
By this afternoon expect high temperatures in the low 50s with sunny skies as high pressure builds over the region.
This high settles in over the area tonight and calms our winds down which will make our temps drop even more. Lows are in the upper 20s and a freeze warning is in effect from midnight until 9am Wednesday. We have a first alert issued for the day as well. High temperatures are in the mid 50s with sunny skies.
The high is still over the southeastern states for your Thanksgiving morning. Lows are down to 29 which means another hard freeze and another alert day. Highs reach the mid 60s with just a few clouds.
A cold front is approaching Thursday night. Lows are in the upper 40s with a 30% chance of rain overnight, and a 20% chance for Friday morning. The front is moisture starved. Highs are in the upper 50s by Friday afternoon.
Saturday morning our lows are down to the low 30s. By the afternoon highs reach the upper 50s.
Alert Day Tuesday: Breezy winds and cold temps. Morning temperatures in the 30s it will feel like the upper 20s. Highs in the low 50s. Sunny Skies.
Alert Day Wednesday: Hard Freeze. Morning temperatures in the 20s. Highs in the mid to upper 50s. Sunny Skies.
Alert Day Thursday (Thanksgiving): Hard Freeze. Sun & Clouds. Mild. Highs in the mid 60s.
Friday: Partly to Mostly Cloudy. Slight Chance of a Shower Early (20%). Highs in the upper 50s and lower 60s.
Saturday: Partly Cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s.
Sunday: Sun & Clouds. Cool. Highs in the low to mid 60s.
Monday: Sunny & Mild. Highs in the low 60s.
Copyright 2021 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.