First Alert Forecast: Chilly with some drizzle today, staying cool rest of the week
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - Expect some drizzle and some sprinkles this morning, then cloudy and cool temps this afternoon.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· We’ve got a 40% chance of light rain and drizzle this morning with chilly temps in the upper 40s to low 50s.
· Temps dip down to 38 tonight.
· Highs are in the upper 50s with mostly cloudy to partly cloudy skies Friday.
· By Friday, we’ll still have plenty of clouds in the area. Highs will be in the upper 50s.
· Saturday we have mostly cloudy to partly cloudy skies and the winds pick up as a coastal low nears.
· The low brings a 20% chance of showers Saturday, mainly for areas east of Columbia.
· Highs are back in the 70s next week!
· Don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour before bedtime late Saturday night. Daylight Saving Time ends.
First Alert Weather Story:
Today will be dreary and chilly with highs in the low 50s and a 40% chance of light showers and drizzle. We have an east flow and cooler air is filtering in with that eastern flow as a high pressure system sits to our north. We’ve got a little more moisture today as the eastern flow brings in a little more moisture from the Atlantic.
Tonight we dip down to 38. But our winds will be up to around 5-15mph and that will inhibit frost. However, there’s a chance of some frost to the north in Chester, Lancaster, Union and York Counties. There is a frost advisory for Chester and Union County for Friday morning. Highs reach the upper 50s with mostly cloudy skies.
A coastal low approaches the region Saturday. This increases our wind speeds and keeps our temps cool with highs reaching the low 60s. Skies are mostly cloudy to partly cloudy and there’s a 20% chance of some showers, with the best chance to the east of Columbia, toward the coast.
Sunday morning we see temps in the low 40s and high pressure builds over the region. Highs reach the mid 60s by the afternoon with sunny skies.
The sunshine continues throughout Monday and Tuesday with low to mid 70s for high temperatures.
Also, don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour before bedtime Saturday night as Daylight Saving Time ends. We’ll gain an extra hour of sleep!
Tropics: We’re tracking Tropical Storm Wanda in the open waters of the Atlantic Ocean. It will continue to spin near the Azores as it weakens over the next few days.
Today: Mostly Cloudy. A Few Showers Possible (40%). Much Cooler. Highs in the low 50s.
Friday: Mostly Cloudy to Partly Cloudy. Cool Temps. Highs in the upper 50s.
Saturday: Partly Cloudy. Chance of Showers, especially east (20%). Still Cool. Highs in the upper 50s to near 60.
Sunday: Sunny Skies. Mild. Highs in the mid 60s.
Monday: Mostly Sunny and Mild. Highs in the low 70s.
Tuesday: Mostly Sunny and Warm. Highs in the mid 70s.
Wednesday: Sun & Clouds. Warm. Highs in the mid 70s.
Copyright 2021 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammar error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the article’s headline.