SC State’s ‘Marching 101’ to perform during virtual celebration ahead of inauguration
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - South Carolina State’s “Marching 101” will be among the featured bands to perform on Tuesday to honor the historic presidential inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.
“This is a momentous opportunity for the Marching 101. We are thankful to participate in this historic event and exemplify the Marching 101′s precision-packed drills and high musical performances,” said SC State Director of Bands Patrick Moore.
The event will also feature performances from the following:
- Delaware State University
- Howard University
- The Texas Southern University Debate Team
- Florida A&M University Marching 100
- Grambling State University World Famed Marching Band
- Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South
- Louisiana Leadership Institute All-Star Marching Band
- Southern University Human Jukebox Marching Band
- Tennessee State University Aristocrat of Bands
“This is a great honor for the university and the Marching 101 Band” said SC State President James E. Clark. “This opportunity will allow the world to see what we already know about our talented students and the caliber of leaders that SC State produces.”
The celebration, which will pay homage to historically Black colleges and universities, will air on Tuesday starting at 8 p.m.
It will air on social media and select channels including Urban One, Revolt TV, NBC’s Peacock, and The Choice.
Copyright 2021 WIS. All rights reserved.