COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - The celebration of life for Sumter County Deputy Cpl. Andrew Gillette was held Sunday at the Sumter County Civic Center.
Cpl. Gillette was killed on Tuesday, Feb. 25 while attempting to serve a detention order and eviction notice.
(Story continues below video.)
- ‘He epitomized the words service before self’: Friends and family remember Cpl. Andrew Gillette
- Governor orders flags to be lowered to half-staff to honor slain S.C. deputy
- Sumter County deputies remember Cpl. Andrew Gillette
- Sumter County Sheriff releases heartfelt message about fallen officer
- S.C. deputy killed in the line of duty was veteran, family man
Although Gillette was wearing a bulletproof vest at the time of the shooting, he died from the injuries he suffered.
He is survived by his wife and 11-year-old son.