COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - It ended up being a great day across the Midlands. Sunshine with highs in the low to mid 60s. Another cold one tonight with temps falling into the mid 30s. Go find that umbrella, some unsettled weather is on the way. In fact, an Alert Day is posted for Tuesday for the potential for heavy rain and wind.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Quiet weather this evening with passing clouds
· Temperatures will sink into the mid 30s by early Friday morning. Highs will climb into the mid 60s by afternoon with more clouds.
· A few showers could push into the area by Friday. Rain chances are around 20%.
· Scattered showers move in for Sunday, Monday and a better chance for rain on Tuesday and early Wednesday AM.
· An Alert Day has been posted for Tuesday for the rain and wind. Could see gusts to 30 MPH
First Alert Weather Story:
Quiet weather as we move into the evening with temps falling into the 40s and 50s. Temperatures will drop into into the 30s tonight but we’re expecting 60s again for the afternoon on Friday with a few more clouds than today.
Tomorrow evening, a weak front will push into the Midlands. A few showers are possible. Rain chances are around 20%.
The front will bring cooler weather for the weekend as highs will only be in the 50s with more clouds than sunshine.
Another front will push into the area early next week. Rain chances are around 40% and 60% for next Monday and Tuesday. In fact, Tuesday is an Alert Day for the possibility for heavy rain and strong winds to 30 MPH.
Tonight: A few clouds. Lows in the 30s
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a few isolated showers (20%) and highs in the upper 50s to low 60s.
Saturday: A mix of sun and clouds with temps in the 50s to around 60.
Sunday: More clouds than sunshine. A few passing evening showers (20%). Highs in the 50s.
Monday: A 40% chance for showers. Highs in the 60s to near 70.
First Alert Tuesday: Periods of rain that could be heavy at times. Windy too with gusts to 30 MPH.
Wednesday: Much cooler with morning temps in the 30s and highs in the 50s. A few AM showers but dry for the afternoon.