COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - It’s going to be a rainy end to the week with periods of heavy rain today into Saturday morning. Sunday is the pick of the weekend with more sunshine and temps in the upper 50s.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Today is an Alert Day!
· An area of low pressure will bring periods of rain today and early tomorrow for the Midlands
· Some of the rain could be heavy at times. Highs will be in the upper 40s and lower 50s this afternoon. So much colder than normal.
· A few showers are possible early Saturday. Rain chances are around 30%. We’ll dry out for the afternoon with highs in the upper 40s.
· Drier weather is expected Sunday. Highs will be in the 50s.
· High temperatures will warm into the 60s next week. Avg high this time of the year is in the upper 60s.
First Alert Weather Story:
Periods of rain that could be heavy at times through the day today. Today is an Alert Day for the rain. But not only that, it’s also going to be a cold afternoon with highs in the upper 40s to low 50s. Keep in mind, we should be in the upper 60s this time of the year.
Rain will continue this evening on/off. So any of your plans, I’d not only dress warmly, but also bring the rain gear. Scattered showers will continue overnight tonight into Saturday morning. The good news, although the day starts with rain, it will dry out for the afternoon with clearing skies. Highs will be in the upper 40s to low 50s.
Sunday is most certainly the pick of the weekend with more sunshine and highs in the upper 50s to near 60.
Highs in the 60s return next week. We could be near 70 by the end of the week.
Alert Day Today: Periods of heavy rain throughout the day (90%). Highs in the upper 40s to around 50.
Tonight: Scattered showers (30%). Lows falling into the upper 30s to low 40s.
Saturday: A few scattered showers before noon (30%). Then drying out for the afternoon with highs in the upper 40s.
Sunday: More sunshine with highs getting into the upper 50s.
Monday: Sun and clouds with highs in the upper 50s to low 60s.
Tuesday: A few more clouds with highs in the low 60s.
Wednesday: Sun and clouds with highs in the mid 60s.