COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - The hottest weather of the year will be moving into the Midlands this week. We’re expecting temperatures 10-15 degrees above normal. We also have a good chance of hitting 100°F this coming Saturday, which would be the first time the Midlands hit 100°F in the month of May since 2000!
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· The hottest weather of the year will be moving into the Midlands this weekend
· Today we’ll see high temperatures in the low 90s under a mix of sun and clouds. An isolated shower is possible (20%).
· A couple of stray showers are also possible Monday (20%). Highs will be in the low 90s.
· High temperatures will climb into the mid to upper 90s by the middle to end of the week. Increasing humidity levels will make it feel hotter.
· Next weekend we could be looking at some of the hottest weather we’ve seen in the month of May since the year 2000
· We’re also watching an area in the Atlantic that has a 40% chance of Tropical Development
First Alert Weather Story:
Our temperatures will be going up in a big way over the next few days with high pressure offshore. Not only that, the humidity levels will start to go up as well giving us an early taste of Summer!
Today, we’ll see the highs again in the 90s under partly cloudy skies. We can’t rule out an isolated shower or storm (20% or less).
For Monday, a weak cold front drops into the area from the north, we can’t rule out a couple of showers or storms developing. Right now, we’ll call rain chances around 20%.
As we move into Tuesday, highs will be in the low 90s. By Thursday through next Monday (Memorial Day), our high temperatures will continue to soar into the mid to upper 90s (96-100 degrees). And with the heat and humidity in place, it will feel like over 100.
Saturday looks to be the hottest day of the forecast. That would be our best chance to hit 100°F. If we do, it would be the first time we’ve hit 100 in May since the year 2000. We’ve issued a First Alert weather day.
Today: Sunshine and clouds. Isolated shower (20%). Highs in the lower 90s.
Tonight: Mostly Clear. Patchy fog and mild. Low temperatures in the upper 60s.
Monday: Partly Cloudy. Stray shower (20%). Highs in the low 90s.
Tuesday: Partly Cloudy. Heat continues. Highs in the lower 90s.
Wednesday: Mostly Sunny and hot. Highs in the mid 90s.