COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - Today is a First Alert Weather Day for the risk of downpours and storms
The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has much of the state and all of the Midlands under a “slight” risk of severe weather today. Gusty winds and heavy rain are the biggest concerns.
No Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued but these storms do have the potential to become strong to severe.
Once the front passes, look for much cooler and drier conditions through early next week.
- First Alert Sunday for strong to severe thunderstorms
- Biggest Threat: Gusty winds and heavy rain
- Clearing, cooler and drier Monday into midweek
- First Alert Sunday: Mostly cloudy with periods of showers and thunderstorms. Some may be strong to severe. Highs middle 80s. Rain chance 60%.
- Tonight: Drying out with low temps in the 60s
- Monday: Sunshine and passing clouds with highs in the low 80s
- Tuesday: Highs around 80 with plenty of sunshine.