COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Storms could be strong to severe for your Friday! In fact, Friday is an Alert Day.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Highs will be in the low to mid 80s Thursday. We’ll see partly sunny skies. Most of the day will be dry.
· Friday is an Alert Day. A strong cold front will push through the Midlands, giving way to heavy rain and strong to severe storms by afternoon and early evening.
· Heavy rain, gusty winds, hail and isolated tornadoes are possible Friday. Rain chances are around 90%. We’ll keep an eye on the forecast. Highs will be in the 70s.
· An isolated shower is possible Saturday. Otherwise, we’ll see slow clearing. Highs will fall into the 60s.
· Easter Sunday looks dry. Morning temperatures will be in the 40s. Highs will warm into the mid to upper 70s.
First Alert Weather Story:
First, as we move through your Wednesday night, expect a mix of stars and clouds. Lows will be in the upper 50s by Thursday morning.
For Thursday, most of the day will be dry, but we will see a few more clouds out there. Highs will be in the mid 80s.
Friday is an Alert Day. A strong cold front will move in from the west, giving way to heavy rain and the potential for strong to severe thunderstorms. The best chance to see storms will be by afternoon and early evening. Any storms that develop could produce heavy rain, gusty winds, hail and even isolated tornadoes. We’ll watch the forecast closely for you.
Rain chances are around 90%. Otherwise, expect mostly cloudy skies. Highs will be in the mid to upper 70s. Winds will likely be gusty through the day.
Behind the front, we could see some lingering isolated showers or sprinkles Saturday. Rain chances are around 20%. Otherwise, expect partly sunny skies. It will be cool and breezy at times. Highs will be in the mid 60s.
Temperatures will start your Easter Sunday in the mid 40s for your sunrise services. By afternoon, we’ll see highs in the mid 70s under mostly sunny skies. The 80s return by Monday and Tuesday.
Pollen Count: (Birch, Oak, Willow)
Friday: Moderate to High
Tonight: Stars & Clouds. Not As Cool. Low temperatures in the upper 50s. Winds: S 5 mph.
Thursday: More Clouds. Still Warm. Highs in the low to mid 80s. Winds: S 5-15 mph.
Alert Day Friday: Partly/Mostly Cloudy. Rain & Storms Likely (90%). Some storms could be strong to severe. Breezy. Highs in the mid to upper 70s.
Saturday: Clouds Around. Isolated Shower (20%). Cool and Breezy. Highs in the mid 60s.
Easter Sunday: Mostly Sunny and Warm. Highs in the mid 70s.
Monday: Mostly Sunny. Warmer. Highs in the low to mid 80s.