COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Enjoy the nice, sunny weather while it lasts. Friday is an Alert Day for potential strong to severe thunderstorms.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· Tracking a few clouds for Wednesday with highs in the lower 80s.
· More clouds build in for your Thursday. Still, we’ll be warm with highs in the mid 80s.
· Friday is an Alert Day. A strong cold front will push through the Midlands, giving way to heavy rain and strong to severe storms by afternoon and early evening. Rain chances are around 80% for now. We’ll keep an eye on the forecast. Highs will be in the 70s.
· An isolated shower is possible Saturday. Highs will fall into the 60s.
· Easter Sunday looks dry and warm with highs in the mid 70s.
First Alert Weather Story:
As we move through your Tuesday night, expect clear and cool conditions. Lows will be in the upper 40s and lower 50s.
On Wednesday, we’re expecting a few clouds around the Midlands, but no rain is in your forecast. Highs will be in the lower 80s.
For Thursday, we’re forecasting another dry day, but we will see a few more clouds out there. Highs will be in the mid 80s.
Heads up! Friday is an Alert Day. A strong cold front will move in from the west, giving way to heavy rain and the potential for strong to severe thunderstorms. The best chance to see storms will be by afternoon and early evening. Any storms that develop could produce heavy rain, gusty winds, hail and even isolated tornadoes.
We’ll watch the forecast closely for you. Rain chances are around 80%. Otherwise, expect mostly cloudy skies. Highs will be in the mid 70s. Winds will likely be gusty through the day.
Behind the front, we could see some lingering isolated showers Saturday. Rain chances are around 20%. Otherwise, expect partly sunny skies. It will be cooler and breezy at times. Highs will be in the mid 60s.
Temperatures will start your Easter Sunday in the mid 40s for your sunrise services. By afternoon, we’ll see highs in the mid 70s under mostly sunny skies.
Pollen Count: (Birch, Oak, Willow)
Tonight: Clear & Cool. Low temperatures in the upper 40s and lower 50s. Winds: S 5 mph.
Wednesday: A Few Clouds. Warmer. Highs in the lower 80s. SW 5-10 mph.
Thursday: More Clouds. Still Warm. Highs in the mid 80s.
Alert Day Friday: Mostly Cloudy. Storms Likely (80%). Breezy. Highs in the mid to upper 70s.
Saturday: Clouds Around. Isolated Shower (20%). Cool and Breezy. Highs in the mid to upper 60s.
Easter Sunday: Mostly Sunny and Warm. Highs in the mid 70s.