COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Keep your rain gear nearby! We’re tracking more wet weather as we move into the new year, which could dampen some of your plans.
First Alert Weather Headlines:
· More unsettled weather is expected as we roll into the first week of 2019.
· We’re tracking a chance of showers on New Year’s Eve by day and by night in the Midlands.
· Make sure you have a backup plan if rain moves into your area New Year’s Eve night.
· Temperatures will be in the low 60s as we ring in 2019.
· More showers are possible New Year’s Day. Highs will be in the low 70s.
First Alert Weather Story:
Several weather systems will move through the Midlands through next week, giving way to scattered showers, even on your New Year’s Eve.
In fact, on New Year’s Eve, expect a few scattered showers during the day and a chance of showers by midnight Tuesday morning. Rain chances are around 40 and 50%. Temperatures will be in the low 60s as the clock strikes midnight into 2019. We’ll alert you to any changes in your forecast for New Year’s Eve.
New Year’s Day will feature scattered showers as well. Rain chances are around 50%. Otherwise, we’ll see partly to mostly cloudy skies. Highs will be in the low 70s.
The chance for rain will continue through most of the first week of January, so don’t put away your umbrella.
Stay with your WIS First Alert Weather Team for constant updates with your First Alert Forecast.