COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - After you’ve unwrapped your presents and drank all of your eggnog, here’s where you can recycle your Christmas tree, courtesy of Keep the Midlands Beautiful.
Here’s what you need to know before you drop your tree off:
- Please remember to remove the tree from its stand
- Remove all ornamentation, lights, garlands, wires, strings or ties
- Drop off trees only – no wreaths or other greenery will be accepted
The program will begin on Dec. 26 and continue until Jan. 10, 2019. Hours and locations will vary during this time. Here is a list of drop-off locations in Lexington and Richland counties:
- Ball Park Road - 301 Ball Park Rd, Lexingtion,M-W-F, Sat 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Sun 3– 7PM.
- Bush River Rd – 6109 Bush River Rd Columbia. M-W-F, Sat 7 AM – 7 PM, Sun 3 – 7 PM.
- Caughman Rd Park – 2800 Trotter Rd Hopkins M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- City of Columbia Compost Facility –121 Humane Lane, Columbia (off Shop Road across from SPCA). M-F, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Chapin – 103 Distant Lane ,Chapin . M-W-F, Sat 7 AM – 7 PM, Sun 3 – 7 PM.
- Clemson – 900 Clemson Road. T, TH, F, Sat and Sun 9-6pm
- Crooked Creek Park - 1098 Old Lexington Highway, Chapin. (next to Chapin Middle School). Daily 7:30 AM - 11:00 PM.
- Edmund -325 Landfill Lane, Lexington. M-W-F, Sat 7 AM – 7 PM, Sun 3 – 7 PM.
- Fort Jackson Recycling Center - Building #6568 on Lee Road, Fort Jackson. (Enter the Fort through Gate 2 on Forest Drive. After Burger King, turn left onto Lee Road.) M-F, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Sat 8:30 – 3:30 PM.
- Friarsgate Park – 1712 Chadford Rd., Irmo. M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- Hollow Creek Tree Farm – 228 Windmill Road, Gilbert.
- Lexington Co. C&D Landfill – 498 Landfill Lane, Lexington. M-Sat 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Lexington Co. Sandhills Collection Center – 3241 Charleston Hwy., Cayce. M-W-F, Sat 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Sun 3:00 – 7:00 PM.
- Lower Richland Drop off Location- 10531 Garners Ferry Rd Eastover, 29044. M-Sat 8-5pm. Sun 12:30-5pm
- Polo Road Park – 730 Polo Road, Columbia. M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- Richland Co. C&D Landfill – 1070 Caughman Road, North (off Monticello). M-F 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM, Sat 12:30 – 5:30 PM
- Richland Co. Tennis Center– 7500 Parklane Rd Columbia. M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- Seven Oaks Park - 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia. (Near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove Roads.)
- South Carolina State Farmers Market – 3483 Charleston Highway, West Columbia.
- Southeast Collection Center – 538 Martin Neese Rd, Swansea M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- St. Andrews Park - 920 Beatty Rd, Columbia 29210. Open Mon, Wed, Fri 2 -9 PM, Sat 9 AM-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
Free mulch from the recycled Christmas trees will be available to the public on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019 at Seven Oaks Park - 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia 29210. (near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove Roads).
South Carolina State Farmers Market – 3483 Charleston Highway in West Columbia 29172. From 8:30 a.m. until the mulch runs out. For a complete list of drop-off locations and other inquiries, please call (803)-733-1139 or visit www.keepthemidlandsbeautiful.org.