- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WIS Television, 1111 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201, Blue Entertainment Sports Television, 5335 Wisconsin Ave., NW, Suite 850, Washington, DC 20015, and Colonial Life Arena, 801 Lincoln Street, Columbia, SC 29208. ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins Friday, November 21, 2008, at 12am and ends Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 5pm. Entries must be received by Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 5pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Georgetown, Greenwood, Hampton, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Union, Williamsburg, and York who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS Television, Blue Entertainment Sports Television, Colonial Life Arena and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per day for each individual / e-mail address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. There are 2 ways to enter this promotion. Individuals can log on to www.wistv.com and complete the online entry form. Individuals can also enter by mailing a postcard with name, address, and daytime phone number to WIS Rock N Racquets Giveaway PO Box 367 Columbia, SC 29202. Entries must be received by Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 5pm in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
- Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
- Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
- Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
- By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WIS-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WIS-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). WIS will choose winners at random from among all those who enter online, and from those whose postcard entries are received at WIS Television in good order via US Mail by Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 5pm. The prizes are as follows:
Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her tickets by 7pm on December 13, 2008 or the prize will be forfeited.
- Each winner will receive two (2) tickets to Rock N Racquets at the Colonial Life Arena on December 13, 2008 at 7pm.
- Grand Prize winners will receive courtside seats PLUS a chance for the winner or his/her guest to try to return a serve from either Andy Roddick or Serena Williams during the event. The winners will also receive the Babolat racquet used during the return-of-serve challenge.
- No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. WIS will choose winners at random from among all those who submit online entries during the sign up period, and from those whose postcard entries are received at WIS Television in good order via US Mail by Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 5pm.
Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WIS. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WIS are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).List of Winners
- Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WIS will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WIS if WIS reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
- Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WIS, PO Box 367, Columbia, SC 29202 or visit the website at www.wistv.com
between November 24-28, 2008