BEAUFORT, SC - A man who pleaded guilty to kidnapping and assaulting a teenager in an underground bunker in Kershaw County has been sentenced to 421 years in prison.
He's served one year already, meaning he'll spend another 420 years behind bars.
Circuit Judge G. Thomas Cooper imposed the sentence on 37-year-old Vinson Filyaw this afternoon in Beaufort.
Filyaw pleaded guilty yesterday just before his trial was to start to kidnapping and ten counts of criminal sexual misconduct for the incident last year. The judge gave him the maximum sentence on each charge.
- Impersonating a law enforcement officer: 1 year
- Two counts of possession of explosives: 15 years each
- Criminal sexual conduct with a minor: 20 years (for 12-year-old girl)
- Criminal sexual conduct with a minor 2nd degree: 20 years
- Attempted armed robbery: 20 years
- 10 counts of criminal sexual conduct, 1st degree: 30 years each
- Kidnapping 30 years
All sentences consecutive
Posted by Bryce Mursch