Some items to consider in your search for a builder:
1. Is he/she a member in good standing with the Home Builders Association? Better Business Bureau?
2. Look closely at the homes the Builder has completed and has under construction. Do they represent workmanship at the level you desire?
3. Request the names of a couple of the most recent customers who have had homes built by the builder. Call the customers and ask them for their recommendation.
4. Do you feel comfortable with the Builder? Does the builder listen and take good notes?
5. Is the builder a full-time home builder? Does the operation appear organized? Do they have an office and an experienced staff?
6. Does the builder have experience in building?
7. Is the builder licensed and insured?