Plan your travel and check the latest weather reports to avoid the storm. Fully check your vehicle before the weather season begins.
Carry a survival kit:
- Mobile phone, charger, batteries
- Blankets/sleeping bags
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First-aid kit
- High-calorie, non-perishable food
- Extra clothing to keep dry
- Large empty can to use as emergency toilet.
- Tissues and paper towels for sanitary purposes
- Small can and waterproof matches to melt snow for drinking water
- Sack of sand or cat litter for traction
- Windshield scraper and brush
- Tool kit
- Tow rope
- Battery booster cables
- Water container
- Compass and road maps.
Keep your gas tank near full to avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines.
Avoid traveling alone.