Lexington Medical Center has completed a significant expansion that increased our main facility by 400,000 square feet, offering some of the most exceptional health care capabilities in the Midlands. A major component of the expansion includes 21 new state- of-the-art operating rooms, new pre-operative and recovery areas, an expanded clinical and staff support space, and a five-story bed tower that will accommodate patient beds and provide room for future growth.
In particular, the expansion includes:
- 21 operating rooms
- New patient pre-procedure staging and recovery areas
- New surgery clinical support space
- New Support Services including receiving and materials management and central sterile supply and processing
- A dedicated outpatient discharge area
- An expanded and state-of-the-art Clinical Laboratory
- A renovated outpatient minor procedure area
- New education classrooms
- Renovated and expanded cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation department
- Renovated and expanded medical records department
- New dining area with seating for approximately 200 people
- Capacity for future growth of patient programs and services
- Bed Tower to accommodate 150 inpatient beds
The total project square footage is 550,430 square feet with 407,570 square feet of new construction and 142,860 square feet of renovations.