COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - A photo shared by a South Carolina agency shows that love can weather any storm.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control shared a photo of an elderly couple holding hands in the back of an ambulance.
An EMS agency from the Upstate took the photo while conducting medical evacuations from a nursing home in Beaufort County, SC.
"We are grateful for the incredible crews still assisting with safe medical evacuations," SC DHEC tweeted on Wednesday.
TRACKING FLORENCE: You can track the storm by using the following FIRST ALERT models:
More than 1,700 people have been safely evacuated from healthcare facilities along the SC coast, SC DHEC says.
MORE: TRACKING FLORENCE
- Midlands closings, cancellations, and delays
- TRACKING FLORENCE: List of important sources, phone numbers in case of emergencies
- WOW! Astronaut takes a photo showing the power of Hurricane Florence from space
- Harvest Hope in dire need of donations to keep food bank shelves stocked
- SC gubernatorial candidate called for Army National Guard duty as Hurricane Florence approaches
- SCE&G warns of the potential for prolonged power outages due to Hurricane Florence
- U-haul offers free self-storage, other resources ahead of Hurricane Florence
- CLOSINGS: Governor closes schools, state government offices in several SC counties
- TRACKING FLORENCE: What to do if you spot price gouging in SC?
- TRACKING FLORENCE: What to do when flooding, downed power lines happen in your area?