COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Officials with the City of Columbia and SCE&G already have preparation plans underway ahead of Hurricane Florence's arrival to the state and the Midlands.
SCE&G President and COO Keller Kissam and Columbia Mayor Steve Benjamin stopped by the studio to discuss the plans for both groups.
City of Columbia officials is urging citizens to use a primary contact number for information during Hurricane Florence operations. The primary information number is telephone number 803-545-3300. The customer care center will be fully staffed with call takers who will assist callers with a non-emergency request. The care center will operate on a 24-hour basis.
Anyone experiencing an emergency should always call 9-1-1. The customer care center should only be called non-emergencies and information purposes.
The City of Columbia will continue to provide updates and information regarding services and operations during Hurricane Florence.
MORE: TRACKING FLORENCE
- Midlands closings, cancellations, and delays
- TRACKING FLORENCE: List of important sources, phone numbers in case of emergencies
- WOW! Astronaut takes a photo showing the power of Hurricane Florence from space
- Harvest Hope in dire need of donations to keep food bank shelves stocked
- SC gubernatorial candidate called for Army National Guard duty as Hurricane Florence approaches
- SCE&G warns of the potential for prolonged power outages due to Hurricane Florence
- U-haul offers free self-storage, other resources ahead of Hurricane Florence
Check back for more updates.