RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS) - While schools remain closed ahead of Hurricane Florence, Richland One and Richland Two schools are opening cafeterias at five schools to provide free meals for children throughout the community.
On Thursday, Richland One's Student Nutrition Services team will serve free meals to children under 18 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the sites listed below.
All children under 18 years old can eat free, regardless of whether they attend school in Richland One; no ID will be required.
- Carver-Lyon Elementary School - 2100 Waverly Street, Columbia, SC 29204
- Webber Elementary School- 140 Webber School Road, Eastover, SC 29044
- St. Andrews Middle School - 1231 Bluefield Road, Columbia, SC 29210
- A.C. Flora High School - 1 Falcon Drive, Columbia, SC 29204
- Eau Claire High School - 4800 Monticello Road, Columbia, SC 29203
- Lower Richland High School - 2615 Lower Richland Boulevard, Hopkins, SC 29061
Meals also will be served from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at The Colony Apartments and Richland Village Apartments.
Colony Apts.- 3545 W Beltline Blvd, Columbia, SC 29203
Richland Village Apts.- 1234 Universal Dr, Columbia, SC 29209
Richland Two will serve bag lunches to Richland Two students while schools are closed on Thursday and Friday Sept. 13-14 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the following locations:
Dent Middle School- 2721 Decker Blvd, 29206
Ridge View High School- 4801 HardScrabble Rd, 29229
On Thursday, Sept. 13 & Friday, Sept. 14, Lexington County School District One will offer free lunch to children 18 yrs. and younger at the following locations from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. All meals meet federal standards, must be eaten on site and are first come, first serve.
Forts Pond Elementary- 7350 Fish Hatchery Rd, Pelion, SC 29123
Gilbert Middle School- 120 Rikard Cir, Gilbert, SC 29054?
White Knoll High- 5643 Platt Springs Rd, Lexington, SC 29073
Lexington Two will serve free lunch this week to students in need of this service.
Lunch from Sodexo, the district's food service provider, will be available from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday, September 13, and Friday, September 14, for youth ages 18 and younger at:
2305 Frink Street, Cayce, the temporary home of Fulmer Middle (formerly Davis).
Weather permitting, food services will be available to students in need Thursday, Sept. 13 and Friday, Sept. 14. Breakfast will be at 8:30 a.m.- 9:30 a.m. and lunch will be at 12 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. at
Irmo High School- 6671 St Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC 29212
MORE: TRACKING FLORENCE
- Midlands closings, cancellations, and delays
- WOW! Astronaut takes photo showing power of Hurricane Florence from space
- Harvest Hope in dire need of donations to keep food bank shelves stocked
- SC gubernatorial candidate called for Army National Guard duty as Hurricane Florence approaches
- SCE&G warns of potential for prolonged power outages due to Hurricane Florence
- U-haul offers free self-storage, other resources ahead of Hurricane Florence
SEARCH "WIS WEATHER" IN YOUR APP STORE OR USE THIS LINK: http://bit.ly/2iZtJrC