(WIS) - The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for parts of Calhoun and Orangeburg counties until 3:45 p.m. Thursday.
The weather during this time could bring winds up to 60 miles per hour and produce quarter-sized hail.
First Alert Weather Highlights:
- Sun and clouds with isolated afternoons showers/storms. Heat index near 100
- Weak cold front arrives Friday…few more afternoon storms around (cooler by only a few degrees)
- Hot weekend ahead with highs middle 90s
Any way you slice it, it's going to feel HOT today as the heat index will push 100 degrees with only a slight chance of a cooling thunderstorm this afternoon.
A weak cold front will move into the state by Friday and just like the last front, we'll see a better chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms by Friday (only slightly better) with a few strong storms possible.
High pressure will move in for the Father's Day weekend into the first part of next week. This will bring us very hot days and only a slight chance of afternoon thunderstorms.
- Today: Partly cloudy, 30% chance of late day showers and thunderstorms. Highs middle 90s
- Tonight: Mostly fair. Lows lower 70s
- Friday: Partly cloudy, 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs Lower 90s