Since the deadly riots at Lee Correctional Institution on Sunday, April 15, and even before this incident, WIS viewers have sent us a number of news tips about the conditions at the state's prisons.
Do you have any tips or information you'd like to share with us? Click here to email your tips for future news coverage consideration.
MORE ON THE DEADLY SC PRISON RIOT:
- GRAPHIC: SC lawmaker releases video from inside Lee Correctional Institution during deadly riot
- Lee Correctional prison riot: Seven inmates killed in incident identified in 'mass casualty incident'
- 'Territory, contraband, cell phones' behind SC prison 'mass casualty incident' that left 7 dead
- Who are the seven inmates killed at Lee Correctional Institution?
- 10 inmates dead in 9 months: What's going on at Lee Correctional Institution?
- Residents of sleepy Bishopville respond after seven killed at Lee Correctional
- Inmate describes chaos at Lee Correctional as bodies piled up outside
- This inmate believes he knows why riots happen at Lee Correctional
- SC prison officials review number of injured to 22 in Lee Correctional riot
Seven inmates were killed and 22 inmates were injured during a series of violent incidents on Sunday.
"It happened in one dorm and soon, the other dorms found out about it," Stirling said.
Stirling says that there about 250 to 260 inmates in each dorm at Lee Correctional Institution. He also said that a lot of preparation goes into the prison's response to these events, saying it's also about officer safety.
The state Department of Corrections also identified the inmates as Raymond Angelo Scott, Michael Milledge, Damonte Marquez Rivera, Eddie Casey Jay Gaskins, Joshua Svwin Jenkins, Corey Scott, and Cornelius Quantral McClary.