SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS) - A proposal to consolidate low-enrollment schools in Sumter County was proposed by Interim Superintendent Debbie Hamm as a way to enhance educational opportunities in there.
Hamm pushed the idea Monday at the district's school board meeting.
The proposal would move Mayewood Middle School to R.E. Davis Elementary; Rafting Creek Elementary would move to Hillcrest Middle to form College Preparatory Magnet schools. Finally, F.J. DeLaine would combine with Cherryvale Elementary to form a STEM school.
The Sumter School District will be hosting public forums starting this week for parents to give feedback.
The school district will host four Community Conversation Sessions at 7 PM on the following dates:
- Thursday, March 15 @ 7 PM - Sumter High School Commons Area
- Monday, March 19 @ 7 PM - Cherryvale Elementary School Multipurpose Room
- Tuesday, March 20 @ 7 PM - R.E. Davis Elementary School Cafeteria
- Thursday, March 22 @ 7 PM - Hillcrest Middle School Cafeteria
- Saturday, March 24 @ 10 AM - Mayewood Middle School Media Center
- Saturday, March 24 @ 1 PM - Rafting Creek Elementary School Cafeteria