What are you thankful for? - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

What are you thankful for?

(Source WIS) (Source WIS)

It's a simple question and while some answers may be the same, they all mean something different to each person.

We stopped by a local restaurant in Columbia to ask and listen. Here's what you said.

At the Lizard’s Thicket on Elmwood Avenue, Thanksgiving plates clatter about. It’s crunch time to get the meals out and feed the steady stream of customers.

For the employees at work, Thanksgiving is about working hard as they get ready to see their family.

“I’m thankful for my daughter, without her, who knows where I’d be,” says one employee.

Another employee pauses, “I’m thankful for my family.”

Customers also decide to join in. One Midlands resident says he’s thankful for his dad.

“With his circumstances and now being in a nursing home, I’m just grateful for those little times that we’ve still got left together.”

Another customer reflects on her life, “I’m very happy that I’m able to be a part of this life.”

An employee chimes in, “I’m thankful for the opportunities that my future has to hold.”

As we get ready to leave, a community member simply says Thanksgiving is “just comforting, it’s just a pleasant time to be had by all.”

Copyright 2017 WIS. All rights reserved.

The Latest: Lions, Bengals each draft centers

Thursday, April 26 2018 6:31 PM EDT2018-04-26 22:31:36 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 10:53 PM EDT2018-04-27 02:53:26 GMT
    (AP Photo/Tom R. Smedes, File). FILE - In this Oct. 22, 2016, file photo, Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen reacts after scoring a touchdown in the second half of an NCAA college football game against Nevada in Reno, Nev. Allen is expected to be a first r...(AP Photo/Tom R. Smedes, File). FILE - In this Oct. 22, 2016, file photo, Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen reacts after scoring a touchdown in the second half of an NCAA college football game against Nevada in Reno, Nev. Allen is expected to be a first r...
    The NFL has renewed an exclusive partnership with Amazon Prime Video for digital streaming of Thursday night games during 2018 and 2019 seasons.More >>

Trump's Cohen comments raise questions about relationship

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 10:52 PM EDT2018-04-27 02:52:15 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."

The Latest: Kim gave his sister a place at negotiating table

Thursday, April 26 2018 8:03 PM EDT2018-04-27 00:03:04 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 10:51 PM EDT2018-04-27 02:51:06 GMT
    (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). South Korean President Moon Jae-in waves as he leaves to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, near presidential Blue House in Seoul, South Korea, Friday, April 27, 2018. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Moo...(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). South Korean President Moon Jae-in waves as he leaves to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, near presidential Blue House in Seoul, South Korea, Friday, April 27, 2018. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Moo...
    South Korean President Moon Jae-in leaves for summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.More >>