Man, 54, killed after leaving generator running inside Midlands - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Man, 54, killed after leaving generator running inside Midlands home due to Irma power outage

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
(Source: WIS) (Source: WIS)
SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS) -

The Sumter County Coroner's Office says a 54-year-old was killed from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Coroner's Office says William McBride was found dead in his residence, which only had one window cracked open.

McBride, according to the Coroner's Office, had a generator inside his home and was running it with several appliances attached to it. The Coroner's Office is saying McBride's death is related to Irma because he did not have power at the time of his death due to the storm.

The Coroner's Office says it's important to never leave a generator running inside your home due to the threat of carbon dioxide.

Thousands of state residents were without power as a result of Tropical Storm Irma's powerful winds and heavy rain. 

Copyright 2017 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly