(WIS) - School districts in the Midlands are beginning to announce their decisions for school on Tuesday. Most school districts that announced their schools would be closed on Monday because of now Tropical Storm Irma would re-open on Tuesday.
Announcements will be made below (list will continue to update throughout the evening):
- Lexington District One: As a precaution, Lexington County School District One will delay the opening of school Tuesday, September 12, 2017, by two hours for all staff and students in 4-year-old full-day kindergarten classes and 5-year-old kindergarten through grade 12 classes in all attendance areas. Child development classes for 3-year-olds and 4-year-old half-day kindergarten classes will not meet.
- Lexington District Two: 2-hour delay
- Lexington District 3: 2-hour delay
- Lexington District 4: 2-hour delay
- Lexington-Richland District 5: All schools and offices in Lexington-Richland School District Five will operate on a 2-hour delay on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- Lee County Schools: Schools will be closed on Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2017.
- Sumter School District: As of now, Sumter School District will open on a two-hour delay Tuesday, September 12. Stay tuned for updates as the storm progresses.
- Richland School District 1: Will run on a two-hour delay
- Richland School District Two: Will run on a two-hour delay
- Clarendon School District Two: Due to the impending impact of Hurricane Irma, Clarendon School District Two has decided to close all schools Monday, September 11, 2017 and Tuesday, September 12, 2017. Please continue to monitor our social media pages, district and school webpages for updates and information. You may also be notified via text, email or phone with updates.
- Clarendon School District 3: Schools will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- Fairfield County Schools: Fairfield County School District will operate on a 2-hour delay for Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- Kershaw County Schools: All Kershaw County School District (KCSD) schools and offices will be opening on a two-hour delay on Tuesday, Sept. 12 due to conditions from Hurricane Irma.
- Newberry County Schools: Newberry County Schools and offices will run under Plan D and operate on a 2-hour delay for Tuesday, Sept. 12. Buses will run 2 hours later than regular route time. Pre-K classes, which meet only in the morning, will not be held.
- Saluda County Schools: All schools are canceled for Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Check back for more updates.