SPRINGDALE, SC (WIS) - A weekend prostitution sting in Springdale resulted in 15 arrests.
"Operation Love Hurts" targeted illegal activities in specific locations in Springdale Friday and Saturday after seeing an increase in criminal activities, Springdale Police Chief Kevin Cornett said.
Several people were arrested for prostitution-related charges, drug-related charges, and a gun charge. Some of the people arrested attempted to purchase prostitution using drugs, police said.
Charges include: attempting to engage in prostitution, solicitation of prostitution, unlawful carry of a firearm, distribution of methamphetamine, distribution of marijuana, distribution of schedule 2 narcotics, distribution of crack cocaine, possession of cocaine, possession of schedule 2 narcotic, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and false information to police. One person also had outstanding warrants from another agency.
- Shalla Baker: Prostitution 1st Offense
- Desmond C Yon: Solicitation of Prostitution, Possession of Marijuana Blake Wright: Solicitation of Prostitution, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Erik Lavel Taylor: Solicitation of Prostitution
- Warren Coles: Solicitation of Prostitution
- Cedrick Exzavius Reese: Solicitation of Prostitution, False Information to Police, Distribution of Crack Cocaine. Distribution of Schedule II Narcotics. Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana 2nd
- Willie James Dunbar II:Solicitation of Prostitution
- Kristy Lee Bowman: Prostitution 1st Offense, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Dexter Leron Anderson: Prostitution 1st Offense
- Michael Antoine Greene: Solicitation of Prostitution Possession of Marijuana
- Shawn Daniel McKown: Solicitation of Prostitution, Distribution of Methamphetamine
- John Wesley Chafin Jr: Solicitation of Prostitution, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Possession of Schedule II Narcotic
- Clinton Mathews:Solicitation of Prostitution
- Darry James Williams: Solicitation of Prostitution
- Thomas Earl Garnsey: Solicitation of Prostitution, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Distribution of Methamphetamine, Distribution of Marijuana
"We do operations like this to accomplish a few goals", said Chief Cornett. "First, we do this because there are people being forced to participate in prostitution when they truly don't want to. We want to find those people who are being victimized and we want to help them get out of that situation for good. Second, it is obvious through the gun and drug charges that were made this weekend that there are other dangers associated with prostitution. And third, we want people seeking to become involved in criminal activity to think twice when they are looking at Springdale, because you may be making a deal that will land you behind bars."