Tim Tebow on Jimmy Fallon: 'I love what I do every day' - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Tim Tebow on Jimmy Fallon: 'I love what I do every day'

Columbia Fireflies player Tim Tebow appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon Wednesday night (Source: NBC) Columbia Fireflies player Tim Tebow appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon Wednesday night (Source: NBC)
NEW YORK, NY (WIS) -

Columbia Fireflies player Tim Tebow appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday night.

Tebow talked about his new inspirational book and, of course, his time with the Fireflies.

When asked how he got to play baseball, Tebow replied, "I'm obviously doing it for the money. I think I get like $1,200 a month. No, I love it. My first love was playing baseball when I was 4 years old. We moved back from the Philippines, my parents signed me up for baseball at Normandy Baseball Park. I had [Number] 35, just like Frank Thomas, and I fell in love with it."

Tebow spoke candidly about his first love, football, and the overall importance of doing what you love in life.

"I still love that thing called football," he said. "I'm pretty passionate about that."

"Yeah, you're pretty good at that, pretty great at that. You also have a Heisman trophy," Fallon said.

"I also got cut about three or four times," Tebow said to laughter from the audience. "It's not that funny guys!"

"People are loving you, they're showing up," Fallon said. "The fans are coming out."

"I gotta say, it seems like you are enjoying this," Fallon said.

"I enjoy what I do every day," Tebow said. "I think it's so important to actually love what you do. For me, going into this pursuit, there was so much criticism, and why? I just wanna do something that I wanna have fun every single day and do something that I live and not let the fear of the unknown cripple me by not being able to pursue what I love."

Tebow also surprised a young fan who recently attended one of his Night to Shine proms. She was in the audience and he invited her for a special dance.

In the meantime, the Fireflies return home to face off against the West Virginia Power Thursday night. Game time is 7:05 p.m.

Copyright 2017 WIS. All rights reserved.

The Latest: Guests start arriving for Barbara Bush's funeral

Saturday, April 21 2018 10:44 AM EDT2018-04-21 14:44:47 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 11:05 AM EDT2018-04-21 15:05:02 GMT
    (AP Photo/Evan Vucci). Attendees arrive at St. Martin's Episcopal Church for a funeral service for former first lady Barbara Bush, Saturday, April 21, 2018, in Houston.(AP Photo/Evan Vucci). Attendees arrive at St. Martin's Episcopal Church for a funeral service for former first lady Barbara Bush, Saturday, April 21, 2018, in Houston.

Guests have begun to arrive at St. Martin's Church in Houston for the funeral of former first lady Barbara Bush.

Jeb Bush to eulogize mother, Barbara, in private service

Saturday, April 21 2018 12:04 AM EDT2018-04-21 04:04:04 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 11:04 AM EDT2018-04-21 15:04:50 GMT
    (AP Photo/Evan Vucci). Mourners pause as former U.S. first lady Barbara Bush lies in repose during the visitation of former first lady Barbara Bush at St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Friday, April 20, 2018, in Houston.(AP Photo/Evan Vucci). Mourners pause as former U.S. first lady Barbara Bush lies in repose during the visitation of former first lady Barbara Bush at St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Friday, April 20, 2018, in Houston.

As the outpouring of tributes continues for Barbara Bush, the general public can pay its respects to the former first lady.

Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'

Saturday, April 21 2018 9:14 AM EDT2018-04-21 13:14:09 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 11:04 AM EDT2018-04-21 15:04:33 GMT
    (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer, File). FILE - In a Monday, April 16, 2018, file photo, Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's personal attorney, center, leaves federal court, in New York. Federal prosecutors said they can give President Donald Trump's person...(AP Photo/Mary Altaffer, File). FILE - In a Monday, April 16, 2018, file photo, Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's personal attorney, center, leaves federal court, in New York. Federal prosecutors said they can give President Donald Trump's person...

President Donald Trump says he doesn't expect personal lawyer Michael Cohen to "flip" as the government investigates Cohen's business dealings.