The mission of the Lutheran Homes of South Carolina Foundation, Inc. is to support the mission, purposes and activities of Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc. with older adults and hospice patients through the solicitation, acceptance, investment and administration of gifts, devises and donations.
To fulfill its mission, the Foundation
- solicits, acknowledges, manages, and distributes all gifts to the various ministries of Lutheran Homes of South Carolina
- provides funds to subsidize the care of adult residents and hospice patients who need financial assistance
- funds capital improvements at the five Lutheran Homes communities
- sponsors a Clinical Pastoral Education Program for seminary students to gain skills in providing ministry to older adults and hospice patients
- invests and manages endowments for each of the five Lutheran Homes communities and Lutheran Hospice
The Foundation receives both annual and planned gifts to support the ministry offered to the older adult residents of Franke at Seaside, Lowman Home, Rice Home, RoseCrest and Trinity Lutheran Home as well as the patients and families served by Lutheran Hospice. All gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.