(Columbia) Dec. 21, 2004 - Fruit breads can be a fine art as fans of banana bread and blueberry muffins well know. Former WIS News 10 anchor Scott Hawkin's Banana Raspberry Bread puts a new twist on these old favorites for a delicious holiday treat.
The Banana Raspberry Bread takes a basic quick (yeast-free) bread recipe and adds raspberries and cinnamon for holiday flair. The colorful bread makes a great breakfast or snack. In addition, it makes a great presentation.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in bananas and one cup flour.
- Combine remaining cup of flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into batter.
- Mix in berries.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Though it's a bit of a time investment, this delicious bread is well worth it. Have fun and happy holidays!
contributed by Scott Hawkins