Cooking left unattended leads to house fire - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Cooking left unattended leads to house fire

Cooking left unattended lead to a house fire Saturday. (Source: Columbia Fire Department) Cooking left unattended lead to a house fire Saturday. (Source: Columbia Fire Department)
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

Cooking left unattended lead to a house fire Saturday night, Brick Lewis with the Columbia Fire Department said.

Crews responded to a structure fire on Saint Michaels Rd off of Broad Rivet Rd around 9:20 p.m. and saw visible fire and smoke coming from the roof, Lewis said.

No one was home when crews arrived, Lewis said.

Lewis said damages to the home are estimated at around $80,000. 

Copyright 2014 WIS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly