(Columbia) Nov. 25, 2004 - Sweet potato pie is a Southern staple, but you may be surprised at what a guy from Ohio can show you. Take a gander at former WIS News 10 anchor Scott Hawkins' recipe for sweet potato pie.
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 1/2 cup milk
- Boil the potatoes until tender. When you stick a fork in them it should go in easy but, you don't
want them to fall apart.
- Let the potatoes cool and then peel them.
- Put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and mash them thoroughly. Melt the butter and pour it and the other ingredients in the bowl of potatoes. Stir.
- Pour into a ready-made pie crust.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes
- Serves 6-8.